Skip to main content

Get out of my Dreams Kelly Kapoor



I will say that I've always had a bit of a 'thing' for exotic-looking women. But the fact that Kelly Kapoor, the ditzy customer service rep from The Office, has visited me in my dreams on multiple occasions, seems a little peculiar. Sure she is cute, and friendly. But she is no bombshell, and is quite frankly a little annoying. In my waking hours, I'm much more of a sucker for Karen Filipelli. Sharp, ambitious, and smoking hot-it's no wonder that Jim fell for her as he tried to move above and beyond Michael Scott's Scranton fiefdom of inefficiency and dysfunction. I wouldn't mind if Karen-pantsuits nonwithstanding-visited me in my slumber some evening. But alas-I ended up with Kelly.


The first time I had a dream about her was a rather sordid affair. Suffice it to say, she was an evil temptress who wanted to jump my bones once she saw my wedding ring. Scandalous business. Last night, she and I were on some sort of business trip together. Our interaction was a bit more innocuous, as all I can remember is making plans with her to go out for cocktails before dinner. But I think we may have been sharing a hotel room-if not she was right next door. So there was definitely the potential for some hanky-panky if the dream had lasted.

So what is it about this mildly attractive airhead that my subconscious finds so alluring? After a little reflection, I think it has something to do with the fact that while Kelly may be annoying, ditzy, and high-maintenance-she still worships the ground that Ryan walks on. This is despite the fact that Ryan sees their relationship as one of convenience (and kicks her to the curb once he gets the job at corporate). But an egomaniac like Ryan cannot resist Kelly's adoration-and I'd imagine the sex isn't bad either.

I think my dreams mean that within every guy, there is a little Ryan Howard. Even though we really want to fall in love with a best friend, girl next door type like Pam, or a cosmopolitan intellectual peer like Karen, deep down we still want to be idolized. We like to have our egos stroked, as well as our anatomy. And sometimes we're willing to put up with a lot of drama and misguided estrogen in order to achieve both of those ends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

At Least We Enjoyed The Ride

So it's finally over. After 21 years of being the pied-pipers of our age, The Phish from Vermont is finally hanging it up. I'm sure our reactions to this are quite varied, as varied as our reasons for liking them in the 1st place. For some they were just a really good band, for some they were just a really good party. For others, they were a primary social unit responsible for bringing people together and shaping a community. For some other folks, they were the purveyors of mystical experiences and therefore garnered a kind of religious devotion. For me personally, they were all of these things at once, with time being the variable that dictated which aspect I valued the highest. Whatever the case, they created their own little world: A microcosm in which every interaction, every deed, every emotion was more pronounced and more intense than in the 'real world'. Just like a wrinkled raisin tastes stronger than a grape. So are we going to miss all of that? I'm ...

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

While one could make a case for the first 2 days of the NCAA men's basketball tournament, my favorite time of the sporting year is right now. The NFL season is in full swing at the same time as MLB playoffs, and finally, the World Series. This time of year is when I miss having 2 TVs side-by-side as I did in my bachelor days. Tonight, the Philadelphia Phillies are attempting to clinch the series by winning Game 5 at home. It's 39 degrees and pouring in Philly right now, the game is tied through 5 and a half. Tampa Bay tied things up in the top of the inning, then play was quickly halted. The game most likely won't be finished tonight, as the radar forecast looks horrid. Really makes you wonder if the umps were just waiting for the Rays to score so that play could be suspended and Philly wouldn't win the World Series via a rainout. That would have blown. Meanwhile, the Tennessee Titans try to remain the only undefeated team in the league as they take on the Indianapolis ...

Mandate From the Masses

It wasn't even close. No hanging chads, shady tabulations, or voting irregularities. Nope-it was a blowout. The last election in some time that was not even close, much less questionable or aided by a 3rd party candidate. Barack Hussein Obama, the goofy looking dude with the big ears and the funny name was elected president by way of popular support that I have not seen in my lifetime. The fact that this was the same country who elected George W. Bush twice over the past decade is nothing short of amazing after seeing yesterday's outpouring. It seems though, that the country has changed a lot over these last 4 years. Americans were sick of most aspects of the Bush administration, to the point that it was no longer necessary to look over my shoulder at the office when questioning The Decider. To see the throngs at Grant Park last night was the ultimate dose of Everything Happens for a Reason. At that moment, the last 8 years all of a sudden didn't seem so bad.