Well, the big day is finally here. It seems like it couldn't come soon enough. For some reason though, I've felt very calm and more optimistic than 4 years ago. I don't feel consumed with the anger, spite, and frustration that I felt when the Monkey Boy was elected for a second term. My overall feeling at that time was, "How on Earth could America re-elect this moron, continue this war, and further destroy the world-wide reputation of our nation?!?!"
Well-we did, and we got what we asked for. My confidence in the American public took a major hit that day. Fortunately, these last few years have shown that with every action, there is a re-action. There is no way that we would be about to elect a black president with an Arab sounding name had it not been for GW. I suppose it restores a little bit of faith in the system and the natural ebb and flow of things. If Obama wins, it will be the neocons' turn to hate life for a while. We screamed fascism, they scream communism. I have noticed too, that GOP supporters have taken on a particularily anti-Obama tone, as opposed to stressing anything positive about the maverick and the cheerleader. Much the way that it was hard to find too much attractive about John Kerry save the fact that he wasn't Bush.
So who knows how it will turn out? I do know that nothing ever good came out of merely being 'not' something or 'against' someone. Obama instills hope and vision..as he said, this is not about him so much as it is about all of us. If he loses, my opinion of the voting public will not improve-but McCain is still no GW (I can at least stand to hear his voice). So get out there, and exercise your right to vote...vote for the right guy this time, and let's get this country back on track.
Yes, We Can!
Well-we did, and we got what we asked for. My confidence in the American public took a major hit that day. Fortunately, these last few years have shown that with every action, there is a re-action. There is no way that we would be about to elect a black president with an Arab sounding name had it not been for GW. I suppose it restores a little bit of faith in the system and the natural ebb and flow of things. If Obama wins, it will be the neocons' turn to hate life for a while. We screamed fascism, they scream communism. I have noticed too, that GOP supporters have taken on a particularily anti-Obama tone, as opposed to stressing anything positive about the maverick and the cheerleader. Much the way that it was hard to find too much attractive about John Kerry save the fact that he wasn't Bush.
So who knows how it will turn out? I do know that nothing ever good came out of merely being 'not' something or 'against' someone. Obama instills hope and vision..as he said, this is not about him so much as it is about all of us. If he loses, my opinion of the voting public will not improve-but McCain is still no GW (I can at least stand to hear his voice). So get out there, and exercise your right to vote...vote for the right guy this time, and let's get this country back on track.
Yes, We Can!
Comments